Typos in "Programming Concepts in C++", 2nd Edition
- p.6 paragraph 2, replace "That's
while" with "That's why".
- p.6 paragraph 4, replace "Students can spend
may" with "Students can spend many".
- p.9 paragraph 5: replace "keyboard
buffer." with "keyboard buffers."
- p.80 paragraph 1: replace "if
the are" -> "if they are"
- p.179 last paragraph: "It cannot be
- p.196 last paragraph: ..."so a string
or is a good choice"...
- p.197 paragraph 3: ..."It goes
is below the"...
- p.200 paragraph 3: replace "but
it if was 9 instead" -> "but if it was 9 instead"
- p.220, paragraph 4: replace "When the second student arrives and chooses desk"... with "When the second student arrives and chooses a desk"...
Typos in "Programming Concepts in C++", 1st Edition
contain of contain twice
algorithms samples algorithm samples
silimar similar twice
- p.107 Switch statements cannot have ranges or variables in
minumum minimum twice
- p.116 all cycles
if of the...
fin.open(fileName.c_str(); fin.open(fileName.c_str()); three times
Both cin and fin are used because there is input from both the keyboard and a file. Note that prompts are associated with the keyboard inputs, but not with the file inputs.
it it's if it's
13.1.3 Function And 13.1.3 Functions And
and the instructor
- p.225 14.6
6 A Linked Lists
15.1 he 15.1 The
code has already been code have already been
Readers are encouraged to send any corrections to the author.
Robert Burns, Diablo Valley College